Volleyball Falls To Temple, 3-0
• Score: Temple 3, Holy Cross 0 (25-14, 25-17, 25-13)
• Records: Holy Cross (0-6); Temple (6-0)
• Location: Philadelphia, Pa. (McGonigle Gym)
• Date: Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014
• Time: 4:30 p.m.
• The Lead: Dara Peric posted 13 kills for the Owls as the Holy Cross volleyball team fell to Temple, 3-0, at the Temple Invitational on Saturday afternoon at McGonigle Gym by scores of 25-14, 25-17, 25-13. Freshman Mary Mullen (Mendota Heights, Minn.) was named to the All-Tournament team as she led the Crusaders with six blocks during the three matches, while also tallied 10 kills and eight digs. This is her first collegiate All-Tournament team accolade.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
• Sophomore Mandy Sifferlen (Sudbury, Mass.) led the Crusaders with nine kills, while sophomore Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) posted 23 assists. Sophomore Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) totaled 12 digs, while Mullen recorded three blocks.
• Sandra Sydlik tallied a double-double with 29 assists and 10 digs. Peric tallied 13 kills and Halle McCullough posted 11 kills. Alex Schmitt totaled six blocks.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Temple won the first set by a score of 25-14 as Peric, Schmitt and McCullough each tallied three kills for the Owls.
• The Owls took the second set, 25-17. Sifferlen led the way for the Crusaders with four kills.
• Temple clinched the match with a 25-13 third-set victory as Schmitt and McCullough posted blocks on match point. Peric tallied seven kills and McCullough tallied five in the set.
• The Crusaders return to action on Tuesday, Sept. 9 for their home-opener versus Hartford at 7:05 p.m. at the Holy Cross Field House. The match will be streamed on Crusader Vision.
• There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross volleyball team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HolyCrossVB, on Facebook and on Instagram. You can also get the latest news and results on the team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.