Volleyball Falls To American, 3-0
Score: American 3, Holy Cross 0 (25-12, 25-9, 25-23)
Records: Holy Cross (6-18, 5-8 Patriot League); American (22-5, 13-0 Patriot League)
Location: Washington, D.C. (Bender Arena)
Date: Friday, Nov. 7, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m.
The Lead: Junior Emily Oliver (Carlsbad, Calif.) led the Crusaders with 10 kills but the Holy Cross volleyball team fell to American, 3-0, at Bender Arena on Friday night in Patriot League action.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) led the team with 10 digs, while senior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) posted 21 assists.
- Kelly McCaddin led the Eagles with 11 kills, while Monika Smidova tallied 28 assists. Megan Rosburg posted 13 digs, while McCaddin totaled four blocks.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- American took the first set by a 25-12 score. McCaddin tallied six kills and posted a .714 hitting percentage for the Eagles.
- The Eagles won the second set, 25-9, as American tallied a .579 team hitting percentage.
- With American leading the third set, 24-21, senior captain Alicia Swearingen (Springdale, Ark.) then posted two straight kills to make the score, 24-23. But a kill by Megi Dervishi gave American the 25-23 match clinching victory.
- The Crusaders return to action on Saturday, Nov. 8, when they travel to Baltimore, Md., to take on Loyola (Md.) at 2:00 p.m.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross volleyball team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossVB, on Facebook and on Instagram. You can also get the latest news and results on the team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.