Volleyball Drops Match To Charlotte, 3-0
• Score: Charlotte 3, Holy Cross 0 (25-12, 25-19, 25-17)
• Records: Holy Cross (0-5); Charlotte (5-3)
• Location: Philadelphia, Pa. (McGonigle Gym)
• Date: Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014
• Time: 10:30 a.m.
• The Lead: Sarah Adams and Claire Kreuz each posted eight kills for the 49ers as the Holy Cross volleyball team fell to Charlotte, 3-0, at the Temple Invitational on Saturday morning at McGonigle Gym by scores of 25-12, 25-19, 25-17.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
• Sophomore Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) led the Crusaders with nine kills, while sophomore Mandy Sifferlen (Sudbury, Mass.) added eight kills. Senior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) posted 19 assists and sophomore Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) tallied eight digs.
• Charlotte was led by both Adams and Kreuz who each had eight kills, while Michaela White totaled 29 assists. Morgan Barker tallied 11 digs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
• Stokes now has 1,560 career assists which are fifth all-time in program history.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Irem Asci led Charlotte in the first set with four kills as the 49ers took the set by a 25-12 score.
• After a kill by Sifferlen cut the Charlotte lead to 19-17 in the second set, the 49ers then won six of the next eight points to secure the 25-19 victory as Marshae Bradbury posted a kill on set point.
• With Charlotte leading the third set, 18-16, the 49ers took seven of the last eight points to clinch the match with a 25-17 win. Adams had a kill on match point.
• The Crusaders will conclude play at the Temple Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 6, when they meet Temple at 4:30 p.m.
• There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross volleyball team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HolyCrossVB, on Facebook and on Instagram. You can also get the latest news and results on the team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.