Volleyball Defeated By Navy, 3-0
• Score: Navy 3, Holy Cross 0 (25-22, 25-22, 25-15)
• Records: Holy Cross (5-13, 4-4 Patriot League); Navy (7-8, 4-2 Patriot League)
• Location: Annapolis, Md. (Wesley A. Brown Field House)
• Date: Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014
• Time: 12:00 p.m.
• The Lead: Sophomore Mandy Sifferlen (Sudbury, Mass.) led the Crusaders with 10 kills but the Holy Cross volleyball team fell to Navy 3-0 at the Wesley A. Brown Field House, by scores of 25-22, 25-22 and 25-15.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
• Sifferlen posted 10 kills for the Crusaders, while sophomore Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) led the team with 12 digs. Sophomore Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) tallied 21 assists and freshman Mary Mullen (Mendota Heights, Minn.) recorded five blocks.
• Katie Sylakowski posted 11 kills for the Mids, while Alli Graf secured 16 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• With Navy leading 23-22 in the first set, Sylakowski then tallied a kill, while Star Steele and Rachel Fortner then posted blocks on set point for the 25-22 win.
• The Crusaders trailed 24-20 in the second set, but then won two straight points to cut the Navy lead to 24-22. But a kill by Maggie Phillips gave the Mids a 25-22 victory.
• Navy then clinched the match with a 25-15 third-set win.
• The Crusaders return to action on Saturday, Oct. 18 when they host Patriot League opponent Army at the Holy Cross Field House at 4:05 p.m.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross volleyball team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HolyCrossVB, on Facebook and on Instagram. You can also get the latest news and results on the team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.