Volleyball Drops Match Versus Marist, 3-0
Holy Cross Athletics 08-28-2014
- Score: Marist 3, Holy Cross 0 (25-11, 25-13, 25-23)
- Records: Holy Cross (0-2), Marist (1-0)
- Location: Chestnut Hill, Mass. (Power Gym)
- The Lead: Sophomore Mandy Sifferlen (Sudbury, Mass.) led Holy Cross with 12 kills as the Crusaders fell to Marist, 3-0, at the BC Invitational at Power Gym with scores of 25-11, 25-13, 25-23.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Marist took the lead taking the first two sets by scores of 25-11 and 25-13.
- With the third set tied at 23-23, the Red Foxes then won two straight points to clinch the match with a 25-23 third- set victory.
- Devon Dawson gave the Marist 24-23 lead in the third set with a kill and Marisa Gilbert clinched the win with block assist on match point.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Marist was led by Dawson and Kelsey Ediger, who each had eight kills. Amanda Schlegel posted 20 assists for the Red Foxes.
- Siffelen led the Crusaders with 12 kills while freshman Mary Mullen (Mendota Heights, Minn.) led the team with five blocks.
- Senior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) had 25 assists, while senior Julia Gould (Ridgewood, N.J.) and sophomore Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) each tallied eight digs.
- The Crusaders return to action tomorrow, Saturday, August 30 to conclude the BC Invitational against Hartford at 11:00 a.m.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross volleyball team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HolyCrossVB, on Facebook and on Instagram. You can also get the latest news and results on the team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.