An Emerging Leader in the Holy Cross Leadership Academy
- Pitched 32.1 innings in 10 appearances with five starts on the season
- Threw 31 strikeouts for the year while posting a record of 1-1 with a pair of saves
- Held opponents to an overall batting average of .256.
- Made his collegiate debut against Hartford (3/29)
- Made his first career start against Dartmouth (4/6)
- Earned a win over Lehigh (4/11), allowing just a pair of runs through 6.1 innings pitched while throwing five strikeouts
- Tossed a season-high seven strikeouts against Lesley
- Posted saves in back-to-back games against Bucknell (4/23, 4/24)
- Named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll
- Played three seasons of varsity baseball under head coach Michael Schell at St. Sebastian's School in Needham, Mass.
- Served as team captain during senior season
- Named All-League in 2014 and 2015
- Received the Paul Lepley Award for Team Commitment as a senior
- Posted a 12-4 career pitching record with a 2.16 earned run average
- Recorded 196 career punchouts in 148 innings pitched
- Went 4-2 with a 2.81 earned run average as a senior
- Recorded a 6-0 record during junior year with a 1.23 earned run average and a career-high 75 strikeouts
- As a sophomore, went 2-2 with a 2.50 earned run average
- Played for North East Baseball club team under head coach Scott Patterson
- Club team won 2014 Northeast Baseball Tournament and Diamond Nation Championships
- Named to 2014 WWBA 17U All-Tournament Team
- Went 10-1 on club team with a 1.70 earned run average to go with 89 strikeouts
- Named to school's honor roll all four years.
- Son of Chris McGowan and Moira Smith
- Has two brothers (Eric and Christopher)
- Father played hockey at Boston College
- Brother (Eric) graduated from Holy Cross (Class of 2011)
- Has not yet declared a major.