Volleyball Falls To Lehigh, 3-1
Score: Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 1 (23-25, 25-19, 25-12, 25-20)
Records: Holy Cross (7-21, 4-11 Patriot League); Lehigh (18-12, 10-5 Patriot League)
Location: Bethlehem, Pa. (Leeman Turner Arena at Grace Hall)
Date: Friday, November 13, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m.
The Lead: Junior Mandy Sifferlen (Sudbury, Mass.) posted 11 kills, but the Holy Cross volleyball team fell to Lehigh, 3-1, by scores of 23-25, 25-19, 25-12 and 25-20 on Friday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore M.C. Magner (Northfield, Ill.) totaled 20 digs, while sophomore Mary Mullen (Mendota Heights, Minn.) tallied six blocks. Junior Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) posted 19 assists, while freshman Lynsey Petersen (Palos Verdes, Calif.) tallied nine kills.
- Leah Turner led the Mountain Hawks with 14 kills. Megan Polak posted 37 assists, while Emily Develle totaled 15 digs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Sifferlen now has 399 kills on the season, which are the third-best in program history.
- Sifferlen has 826 career kills, placing her at fifth-best all-time in school history.
- Mullen now has 94 blocks this season, which are fifth-best in school history.
- Magner has 394 digs this season which are seventh all-time in program history.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- With the Crusaders leading the first set, 24-20, the Mountain Hawks then won three straight points to cut the lead to 24-23. But a kill by Sifferlen gave the Crusaders the 25-23 victory.
- Lehigh won the second set, 25-19. With the Mountain Hawks leading 21-19, they then won four straight points to earn the win.
- The Mountain Hawks took the third set, 25-12, including winning the last five points of the set.
- Lehigh clinched the match with a 25-20 fourth-set win.
- The Crusaders return to action when they conclude the 2015 season on Saturday, Nov. 14, when they travel to Lewisburg, Pa., to take on Bucknell at 4:00 p.m.