AS A FRESHMAN IN 2016:
• Did not see any varsity action.
• Selected to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
• Played for head coach John Holacek at Loyola Academy in Wilmette, Ill.
• Named second team All-Conference and second team All-Area as a senior.
• Helped lead team to an undefeated season and the Illinois High School Association Class 8A state championship in 2015.
• Earned Academic All-Conference honors in 2014 and 2015.
• Son of John and Karen Kurkowski.
• Father was a member of the Rugby team at Illinois.
• Has two sisters (Caroline and Kate).
• Has not yet declared a major.