Women’s Tennis Edged By Stonehill, 4-3
Holy Cross Athletics 04-20-2017
- Score:Stonehill 4, Holy Cross 3
- Location:Worcester, Mass. (Sinnott Family Tennis Facility)
- The Lead:The Holy Cross women’s tennis team was narrowly defeated by Stonehill on Thursday night in Worcester by a score of 4-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Morgan McGuire earned the first point of the night for the Crusaders, earning an 8-6 victory in the No. 4 singles match.
- Also earning a point for Holy Cross was sophomore Jennifer Kary, who won the No. 5 singles match by a score of 8-4.
- Sophomore Caroline Kam closed out competition for the night with an 8-3 victory for the Crusaders in the No. 6 singles match.
- Alexandra Vo / Annelise Howick (STO) def. Katie Elia / Isabela Bagi (HC), 7-5
- Nicole Downey / Emma Prinos (STO) def. Allison Reiling / Morgan McGuire (HC), 6-3
- Melissa Parker / Amanda DePasquale (STO) def. Meghan Lewis / Eleanor Fulghum (HC), 7-6 (7-5)
- Alexandra Vo (STO) def. Allison Reiling (HC); 8-4
- Nicole Downey (STO) def. Katie Elia (HC); 8-5
- Emma Prinos (STO) def. Isabela Bagi (HC); 8-2
- Morgan McGuire (HC) def. Annelise Howick (STO); 8-6
- Jennifer Kary (HC) def. Melissa Parker (STO); 8-4
- Caroline Kam (HC) def. Amanda DePasquale (STO); 8-3
- Holy Cross will be back in action this Saturday, April 22, as the Crusaders host Roger Williams in Worcester starting at 1:00 p.m.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Tennis
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Postgame Comments from MLAX Head Coach Judd Lattimore
MLAX Quarterfinal Win over Navy
2B Cam O'Neill Corvias Player of the Week