Men’s Tennis Defeats UMass Dartmouth, 4-0
Holy Cross Athletics 04-24-2017
- Score:Holy Cross 4, UMass Dartmouth 0
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Sinnott Family Tennis Facility)
- The Lead:The Holy Cross men’s tennis team earned a 4-0 victory over UMass Dartmouth on Monday afternoon in Worcester.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Matthew Murphy and sophomore Henry Harrs teamed up to grab a win in the No. 1 doubles match by a score of 6-2.
- Harrs also posted a single victory in the No. 1 flight, winning by a score of 6-0, 6-3.
- Seniors Elmar Lutz and Pat O'Shea posted a 6-0 victory in the No. 2 doubles match to clinch a point for the Crusaders in doubles play.
- Lutz earned a 6-0, 6-3 win in the No. 4 singles match, while O’Shea earned a victory at No. 3 with scores of 6-1 and 6-0.
- Sophomore Peter Campito posted a 6-0 score in both sets to earn a win in the No. 2 singles match.
- Matthew Murphy / Henry Harrs (HC) def. Corey Rafter / Patrick Pacheco (UMD), 6-2
- Elmar Lutz / Pat O'Shea (HC) def. Mark Desmond / Eric Cimino (UMD), 6-0
- Henry Harrs (HC) def. Corey Rafter (UMD); 6-0, 6-3
- Peter Campito (HC) def. Patrick Pacheco (UMD); 6-0, 6-0
- Pat O'Shea (HC) def. Mark Desmond (UMD); 6-1, 6-0
- Elmar Lutz (HC) def. Eric Cimino (UMD); 6-0, 6-3
- Holy Cross will be back in action this Wednesday, April 26, as the Crusaders travel to Gordon for a 5:00 p.m. match.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Tennis
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Thank You, Donors | Crusader Athletics Fund
2017 Basketball Season Tickets On Sale Now!
SAAC Walkthrough of the Luth Athletic Complex | Holy Cross Athletics