Men's Tennis Competes At Connecticut College Invitational
Holy Cross Athletics 09-24-2017
- Tournament: Connecticut College Invitational
- Location: New London, Conn.
- The Lead: The Holy Cross men’s tennis team competed in the Connecticut College Invitational on Saturday afternoon in New London, Conn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Matthew Murphy and freshman Andrew Vroman won their first match in the Flight B doubles bracket against Zach Strempel and Eli Trimbur of Wheaton by a score of 8-6, before falling in the championship match 8-2.
- In Flight B singles, junior Peter Campito won the first match against Babson’s Brandon Rosenbluth, 1-6, 6-3, 14-12. He was then defeated in the final match of the flight: 6-3, 6-3.
- In Flight D singles, Vroman came out on top after defeating Strempel from Wheaton 6-0, 6-3 in the opening match and claiming the flight following a withdrawal.
- Freshman Matthew Fagan earned a win in the first match of Flight G singles, 7-5, 1-6, 11-9 over Sullivan Abbott of Wheaton. He then came up short in the championship match: 6-4, 6-4.
- Holy Cross returns to action this Thursday, Sept. 28, as the Crusaders head to St. Anselm for a 3:30 p.m. match.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Tennis
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Baseball and Softball are Back
Holy Cross Lacrosse is Back
Men's Ice Hockey
Men's Ice Hockey Senior Thank You