Women's Soccer Plays To Scoreless Draw With Loyola (Md.)
|Shots on Goal||9||4|
BALTIMORE, Md. – The Holy Cross women’s soccer team tied with Loyola (Md.) 0-0 on Saturday afternoon. Holy Cross controlled most of the first half, outshooting the Greyhounds 6-3 in the first 45 minutes of play. Despite notching five shots on goal in that time, the Crusaders were unable to find the back of the net.
Loyola responded with a strong second half, outshooting Holy Cross 9-3. The Greyhounds put three shots on goal during the half, but sophomore goalkeeper Caroline Cashion stopped all three chances. During the two overtime periods, Holy Cross outshot the Greyhounds 4-2 and registered a pair of shots on goal, but neither team was able to break the scoreless tie.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Loyola outshot the Crusaders 14-13.
- Cashion made four saves In net for Holy Cross.
- Sumer Rahe stopped eight shots for the Greyhounds.
- Freshman Jenna Barnes led the Crusaders with three shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Cashion registered her fourth shutout of the season.
- The Crusaders will be back in action Tuesday, Oct. 10 as they host Dartmouth at 7:35 p.m.