Crusaders Earn Crucial Point In Draw With Colgate
|Shots on Goal||2||5|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s soccer team tied with Colgate, 0-0, and earned an important point in the Patriot League standings. Both teams battled back and forth throughout the first half, with both sides generating scoring chances. The Raiders outshot Holy Cross 5-3 in the opening 45 minutes, but neither team could break the scoreless tie.
In the second half, Colgate added more pressure offensively and outshot the Crusaders 8-4. The Raiders managed four shots on goal in that time, but sophomore goalkeeper Caroline Cashion made some crucial saves to keep the game tied. In the second half, Colgate earned five corner kick opportunities while Holy Cross earned four. The teams continued to battle through the overtime periods, with each side only notching one shot each before time ran out.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Colgate outshot the Crusaders 14-8.
- Cashion stopped five shots on goal for Holy Cross.
- Kelly Chiavaro made a pair of saves in net for the Raiders.
- Junior Ang Seslija led the Crusaders with three shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Cashion notched her sixth shutout of the season.
- The Crusaders will be back in action this Saturday, Oct. 21, as they host Army West Point at 7:05 p.m.