Holy Cross Downs Bryant In Overtime, 59-57
WORCESTER, Mass. – Sophomore Lauren Manis led Holy Cross with 19 points, 13 rebounds and six steals; as the Crusaders edged Bryant by a score of 59-57 in overtime at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex.
Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed also turned in a strong performance for the Crusaders, totaling 15 points with four rebounds and three assists. Senior Tricia Byrne registered 12 points for Holy Cross while adding six rebounds and a game-high five assists. The Bulldogs were led by Sydney Holloway, who added 24 points with 13 rebounds.
Bryant had the edge in rebounds at 46-39. Holy Cross shot 37.3 percent from the field, while the Bulldogs shot 37.5 percent. In total, the lead changed 13 times while it was tied on three occasions.
WOMAN OF THE MATCH PRESENTED BY THE UNITED STATES MARINES
- Following the game, Manis was selected as the Woman of the Match presented the United States Marines.
- She totaled 19 points, shooting 9-for-15 from the field, while adding 13 rebounds and a team-high six steals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams held the lead at least three times in the first quarter, with neither team leading by more than three until the Crusaders pulled ahead 17-11 at the end of the quarter.
- Holy Cross led by as many as nine points in the second quarter, but Bryant battled back to take a 26-25 lead into the locker room at halftime.
- The Crusaders regained a narrow lead in the third quarter, holding a 36-35 advantaged after 30 minutes of play.
- After Holy Cross jumped out to a five-point lead, the Bulldogs added 11-straight points to regain control of the game in the fourth quarter. The Crusaders held on in the closing minutes, and tied the game up with a layup from Manis in the closing seconds to tie the game at 50-50.
- The Crusaders jumped out to a seven-point advantage in overtime and never surrendered their lead, earning a 59-57 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Manis earned her second double-double of the season, and the tenth of her career.
- Holy Cross returns to action this Wednesday, Nov. 29, as the Crusaders head to Brown for a 7:00 p.m. game.