Manis Earns Double-Double, Holy Cross Falls To Albany 65-56
WORCESTER, Mass. – Sophomore Lauren Manis earned a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds, but the Crusaders fell to Albany 65-56 on Sunday afternoon at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex.
Manis tied for the team lead in scoring with 18 points and added a game-high 12 rebounds while shooting 7-for-8 from the free throw line. Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed totaled 18 points with five rebounds, two assists and two blocks. Sophomore Madalyn Smith notched six points and six assists.
Albany was led by Jessica Fequiere, who tallied 15 points with six rebounds and three assists. Heather Forster earned a double double for the Great Danes with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Holy Cross shot 42.9 percent from the field, while Albany shot 37.5 percent. The Great Danes held the edge in rebounds, 45-28.
WOMAN OF THE MATCH PRESENTED BY THE UNITED STATES MARINES
- Following the game, Manis was selected as the Woman of the Match presented the United States Marines.
- Manis registered a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After Holy Cross jumped out to a three-point lead in the first quarter, Albany responded and gained an 11-9 advantage before the end of the quarter.
- The Great Danes extended their lead in the second, leading by as many as 11 points before ending the half up 27-19.
- Albany gained a strong lead early in the third quarter, but Holy Cross battled back to cut the deficit to six points on two occasions. The Great Danes end the quarter with a 6-0 run, and entered the fourth quarter with a 49-37 advantage.
- Despite being down by 14 in the fourth Holy Cross came back to make it a five-point game in the final minute, but could not overcome the deficit.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Manis earned her third double-double of the season, and the 11th of her career.
- Holy Cross returns to action this Wednesday, Dec. 6, as the Crusaders play host to Boston College at 7:05 p.m.