Men's Track & Field Competes at John Thomas Terrier Classic
Holy Cross Athletics 01-27-2018
BOSTON, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's track & field team competed at the John Thomas Terrier Classic on Saturday, Jan. 27.
HOLY CROSS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Freshman Michael Pichay placed fifth in the long jump (14.38m). Pichay also improved his own school record in the triple jump with a 14.38 performance.
- In the weight throw, senior Myles O'Brien placed 12th with a 14.16m throw.
- Senior Bryan Gallagher ran a career best in the 3000m with a time of 8:42.25.
- In the 3000m, junior William Hoffman posted a career best 9:09.64.
- Senior Thomas Kalantzakos also ran a career best 1.55.70 in the 800m.
- The 4x400m relay team of sophomore Jacob Newton, freshman Gabe Piepergerdes, sophomore Freddie Halloran and Kalantzakos ran a season's best 3:23.24.
- Newton also ran a season best in the 400m (51.18).
The Crusaders will compete in the New England Championships on Friday, Feb. 2 in Boston, Mass.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2017-18 Year in Review
Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype