New England Championships: Day 1
BOSTON, Mass. - On the first day of the New England Championships, sophomore Jenna Gasparrini won the 5k with a personal record of 17:09.43. Senior Hannah Jeter placed fourth (17:38.89) and senior Annie Sullivan placed seventh (18:09.71) behind Gasparrini.
HOLY CROSS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Sophomore Allie Smiley placed sixth in the long jump and broke a school record with a 5.88m.
- Seniors Claire Turner and Meghan Dietter qualified for the 800m final. Dietter's mark of 2:15.76 was a season's best.
Freshman Abbie Mokwuah recorded a personal best 16.20m in the weight throw for a ninth place finish.
- In the 400m, senior Stefanie McArdle finished in 10th with a 58.14 time.
- Freshman Hailey Mulville finished 10th in the 500m (1:18.99).
- In the pole vault, freshman Christa Jay Moore placed ninth with a 3.65m jump.
- Freshman Sydney McDonald placed ninth in the 800m pentathlon with a time of 2:36.62. McDonald also placed fifth in the high jump with a 1.57m performace.
- After Fridays events, Holy Cross finished in fourth out of 21 teams with a team score of 20.
The Crusaders will continue competiting in the New England Championships on Saturday, Feb. 3.