Women's Track & Field Competes at URI and BU
BOSTON, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's track & field team took a squad to the URI Coaches Tribute Meet and another group of athletes to the David Hemery Valentine Invitational at Boston University.
David Hemery Valentine Invitational Highlights:
- Senior Stefanie McArdle broke a school record in the 400m with a time of 56.98.
- Senior Kelly O'Halloran notched a personal record time in the 400m (59.24).
- In the 800m, senior Kate Spitler had a season's best time of 2:19.07.
- Junior Isabella DiMare finished 29th in the 200m with her second fastest time of the season (25.14).
- Junior Alexandra Curtin placed 10th in the long jump (5.51m), and senior Alanna Hitscherich placed 11th in the same event (5.50m).
URI Coaches Tribute Invitational Highlights:
- Freshman Abbie Mokwuah set a Holy Cross indoor record in the shot put with a 13.83m throw, which was also an ECAC qualifying mark. She finished second overall.
- Junior Victoria Attaya a personal best in the weight throw with a 14.04m throw, which was good for ninth overall.
- Freshman Elizabeth Graves finished third in the 3k (10:36.67), which was a season best.
- Freshman Claire Hanlon finished sixth in the 3k with a time of 10:44.42.
The Crusders will compete at the Patriot League Championships in Lewisburg, Pa. Feb. 17-18.