Women's Track & Field Finishes Sixth at Patriot League Championships
LEWISBURG, Pa - The Holy Cross women's track & field team finished sixth out of ten teams at the Indoor Track & Field Championships. Freshman Christa Jay Moore was named Rookie of the Meet after her record-breaking performance in the pole vault. Moore finished first overall with a 3.95m jump, which broke the Patriot League and Holy Cross record.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM DAY TWO:
- Senior Zoe Matherne finished second in the 800m with a time of 2:12.22, which qualifies her for the ECACs.
- Senior Claire Turner placed fifth in the 800m (2:14.46), which also qualifies her for ECACs.
- Sophomore Jenna Gasparrini placed fourth in the 3000m with an ECAC qualifying time of 9:58.67. Gasparrini also placed second in the 5000m (17.01.97).
- In the 60m hurdles, senior Alanna Hitscherich finished fifth in the finals (9.05). She also placed eighth in the triple jump (11.28m).
- The relay team of freshman Hailey Mulville, sophomore Caroline Frey and seniors Kelly O'Halloran and Stefanie McArdle placed seventh in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:59.48.
- In the distance medley relay, freshman Elizabeth Graves, sophomore Allison McArdle, junior Lauren Rasmus and Matherne placed eighth with a time of 12:23.78.
- In the women's high jump, freshman Grace Goodwin placed seventh (1.60m).
- Freshman Abbie Mokwuah placed fourth in the shot put (13.89m), which was a personal best and an ECAC qualifying performance.