Men's Lacrosse Falls to Brown at Home, 19-8
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team was defeated by Brown, 19-8, at Kuzniewski Field on March 20.
Brown (3-3) opened up the game with three goals to take an early lead. Holy Cross (1-7) added two goals in the opening quarter but was never able to shrink the Brown lead. To start the second quarter, the Crusaders and Bears traded goals, but then Brown went on a five goal run.
The Bears’ offense continued into the third quarter, where they added five more goals to take a 16-5 lead heading into the final 15 minutes.
Holy Cross scored the first two goals of the final quarter but could not keep Brown off the board. The Bears tallied three more goals before the Crusaders closed out the game with a goal of their own.
- Henry Lilly led the Crusaders defensively, with four of the team’s 11 caused turnovers. The senior also picked up three ground balls and added an assist in the game.
- Sean Mullaney, Drew Babiak, and Kevin Kodzis each tallied two goals in the game.
- The Crusaders saw five goal scorers and eight Crusaders tallied a point in the game.
- Jonathan Tesoro added five saves and seven ground balls.
Quarter 1 | HC 2 Brown 5
- The Bears tallied the first three goals at 14:15, 14:00, and 10:43.
- Holy Cross’ Kevin Kodzis opened the scoring for the Crusaders at 9:29 when he was assisted by Rowan Hart.
- Brown scored two more goals at 8:18 and 7:15 to take a 5-1 lead.
- Drew Babiak posted an unassisted goal at 4:03, 5-2.
Quarter 2 | HC 4 Brown 11
- Brown recorded two goals to open the quarter at 12:22 and 11:43.
- Sean Mullaney scored his first of the game at 9:39 and was unassisted on the play.
- For the 11th time this season, Babiak scored at 7:11.
- The Bears rattled off for goals to close the quarter at 5:29, 3:47, 3:17, and 0:44 to take an 11-4 lead.
Quarter 3 | HC 5 Brown 16
- At 11:45 Brown extended their lead to 12-4.
- Justin Lynskey scored and was assisted by Mullaney at 10:25.
- Brown scored four more goals to close the quarter with a 16-5 lead.
Quarter 4 | HC 8 Brown 19
- At 13:32, Kodzis scored his second of the game.
- Jack Cahill posted his third goal of the season at 11:46. Hart added his second assist of the game and fifth of the season on the play.
- Brown scored at 10:25, 9:17, and 7:53 to give the Bears a 19-7 lead.
- Mullaney scored for the second time at 7:43, assisted by Lilly.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Holy Cross outshot Brown, 43-44.
- The Bears recorded 13 saves, while the Crusaders recorded five.
- At the face off, Holy Cross went 16-30.
The Crusaders will travel to Quinnipiac for a 12:00 p.m. game against the Bobcats on March 24.