Men's Tennis Defeated By Lafayette And Loyola (Md.) In West Point, N.Y.
Holy Cross Athletics 03-26-2018
- Score: Lafayette 4, Holy Cross 0 | Loyola (Md.) 5, Holy Cross 0
- Location: West Point, N.Y.
- The Lead: The Holy Cross men’s tennis team took losses to Lafayette and Loyola (Md.) over the weekend in West Point, N.Y.
MATCH ONE (LAFAYETTE)
- At No. 1 singles, freshman Matthew Slowinski took the loss with scores of 6-2 and 6-3.
- Senior Tom Cimini was defeated in the No. 2 singles match: 6-1, 6-1.
- At No. 4 singles, junior Michael Varda fell by scores of 6-0 and 6-1.
- Junior Peter Campito, freshman Andrew Vroman and sophomore Matthew Murphy each had their matches cut short when the decision went final. Vroman led at No.5 singles after capturing the first set.
- The Leopards earned a point in doubles play after winning the No. 1 and 2 matches.
MATCH TWO (LOYOLA)
- Cimini was defeated in the No. 1 singles match: 6-0, 6-0.
- At No. 2 singles, freshman Matthew Slowinski was edged by a score of 6-3 in both sets.
- Varda took the loss in the No. 3 singles match, falling 6-1 and 6-2.
- Vroman was defeated at No. 6 singles with scores of 6-3 and 6-2.
- Murphy led at No. 5 singles after claiming the first set before it was cut short once the decision went final. Campito also had his match go unfinished.
- The Greyhounds earned a point in doubles play, winning all three matches.
- Holy Cross returns to action Wednesday, April 4, as the Crusaders travel to Regis for a 4:30 p.m. match.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Tennis
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Football Official Black Uniform Reveal
Football vs. Yale Video Recap (9/15/2018)
Football 2018 Home Opener Hype Video