Women's Lacrosse Defeated By No. 13 Navy, 19-7
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team was defeated by No. 13 Navy, 19-7, on March 31 at Kuzniewski Field.
Navy opened the game with a two goal lead, but Holy Cross battled back and evened the game, 3-3, with 15:21 to play in the first half. The Midshipmen fired off nine goals before the Crusaders tallied two goals of their own. Navy started the second half with five goals. Holy Cross added two more goals in the second and finished the game down 19-7.
- Keely Connors recorded two goals to lead the Crusaders.
- The Crusaders made four saves to Navy’s four.
- Holy Cross recorded eight caused turnovers.
- Holy Cross recorded 17 draw controls while Navy had 11.
First Half | HC 5 Navy 12
- Navy opened up with two goals at 28:40 and 27:11.
- Holy Cross’ Baker Earl recorded a goal at 26:07.
- Navy added to their lead at 23:43.
- Maggie Moriarty tallied a goal at 22:19 to cut the Midshipmen’s lead to 3-2.
- Izzy Grant evened the score at 3-3 on a free position shot with 15:21 to play.
- Navy scored nine goals in ten minutes to take a 12-3 lead.
- Keely Connors posted her first of the game with 2:12 to play.
- One minute later, Bryn Carrol scored her 10th of the season.
Second Half | HC 7 Navy 19
- Navy sent in five goals starting at 28:54, to take a 17-5 lead with 17:32 to play.
- Connors scored her 25th of the year on a free position shot with 15:45 to play.
- Navy added two more goals at 23:53 and 11:08.
- Audrey Mandaro tallied the Crusaders’ seventh goal of the game at 6:58.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Navy outshot Holy Cross, 35-20.
- The Crusaders picked up 14 ground balls while the Midshipmen picked up 25.
- Holy Cross went 15-17 on the clear, while Navy went 20-27.
Holy Cross will travel to Bucknell for a 1:00 p.m. game on April 7.