Holy Cross Earns Weekend Sweep Of Lehigh With 8-0 Victory Sunday
|Left On Base||8||4|
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – The Holy Cross baseball team capped off a 3-0 weekend at Lehigh with an 8-0 victory over the Mountain Hawks on Sunday afternoon.
Senior Cam O’Neill led the offense for the Crusaders (10-11, 5-2), batting 2-for-3 with three runs scored and an RBI. Sophomore Chris Rinaldi had a solid outing with three RBIs while batting 1-for-1. Freshman Cam Meyer added two RBIs on one hit, while sophomore Austin Masel crossed the plate while hitting 1-for-3. Holy Cross held Lehigh to just three hits, as three players registered just one hit each for the Mountain Hawks (11-15, 1-5). The Crusaders have now won nine of their last 11 meetings with Lehigh.
Junior Declan Cronin improved to 2-2 on the year, pitching 7.2 scoreless innings while allowing three hits and tossing nine strikeouts. Junior Danny Barlok closed out the game with three strikeouts and no hits allowing in 1.1 innings. Jason Reynolds took the loss for the Mountain Hawks, allowing two runs (one earned) in 6.1 innings while throwing four strikeouts.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Holy Cross opened up the scoring in the fourth inning, as O’Neill crossed the plate for an unearned run as Livingston hit into a double play.
- In the sixth, the Crusaders extended their lead to two as Rinaldi brought home Masel with a sacrifice bunt.
- Holy Cross tacked on two more runs in the eighth with a two RBI single from Meyer to score Livingston and O’Neill.
- In the top of the ninth, the Crusaders saw a surge in offense as they added four more runs to make it an 8-0 game. O’Neill and Livingston each earned an RBI while Rinaldi tacked on two more with a single when the bases were loaded. Russo, Masel, Kale and O’Neill all crossed the plate in the final frame.
- Holy Cross returns to action on Wednesday, April 4, as the Crusaders travel to Hanover, N.H. to face Dartmouth at 3:00 p.m.