URI's Early Runs Push the Rams Past Holy Cross
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross softball team dropped one game to the URI Rams, 4-1, on April 5 at Freshman Field. The Crusaders are now 7-20 on the season and the Rams improved to 7-21. Senior Katy Watson pitched 5.2 innings with four strikeouts, one hit and no runs after relieving freshman Elizabeth Wade in the first inning.
- After an error by the Rams' thirdbaseman, freshman Bella Jankowski advanced to second off a single.
- Jankowski was able to score off a single by senior Mandy McCarthy.
- Both of URI's errors came during the third inning.
CRUSADERS IN THE CIRCLE:
- Watson relieved Wade in the first inning after the Rams scored four quick runs. The senior pitched 5.2 innings with no errors, no runs and no walks and recorded four strikeouts.
- Junior Alexandra Held came into the circle in the seventh and closed the game with two strikeouts.
The Crusaders will have the weekend off before facing Dartmouth on April 10 at 3 p.m. in Hanover, N.H.