Softball Drops Two Games to BU
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross softball team lost two games to the Boston University Terriers, 9-4 and 6-3, on Saturday, April 14. The Terriers improve to 25-17 overall and 7-2 in the Patriot League. Holy Cross is now 8-24 overall and 2-7 in the league play.
Boston University's freshman pitcher Ali Dubois received the MVP for the Turnpike Trophy pitching 19 innings through three games and recording 28 strikeouts. Senior Savannah Young notched a season-high four RBIs for the Crusaders on two hits.
- Junior Jackie Brewster and senior Mandy McCarthy both singled to start the bottom of the fourth.
- With Brewster on third and McCarthy on second, senior Savannah Young singled to left field and recorded two RBIs sending Brewster and McCarthy in to score.
- The Crusaders added two more runs in the sixth inning.
- Brewster singled and junior Taylor Wahler was walked.
- McCarthy also singled center field sending Brewste to third and Wahler to second.
- Similar to the fourth inning, Young hit another single to send Brewster and Wahler home and recorded two RBIs.
- Brewster singled and advanced to second on a single from McCarthy.
- Senior Taylor Moss was walked allowing Brewster to go to third and McCarthy to advance to second.
- Brewster was able to score an unearned run off a passed ball.
- Senior Gabby Muniz hit her second homerun off the season to give Holy Cross the 2-1 lead.
- After junior Alexandra Held was walked, Muniz doubled to left field allowing Held to score.
- Brewster had three runs and three hits against the Terriers in the doubleheader.
- Muniz notched a homerun and a double in the second game against BU.
- Young recorded four RBIs in the first game of the doubleheader.
The Crusaders will play Quinnipiac in a doubleheader on Wednesday, April 18 in Hamden, Conn.