Smiley Breaks School Record in Long Jump, Three Qualify for ECACs
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Holy Cross women's track & field team ended the second day of competition at the Ocean State Invitational. Sophomore Allie Smiley led the team breaking the school record and qualifying for ECACs in the long jump (5.80m). Curtin took second place in the long jump and also notched a season's best time in the 200m dash (25.78) finishing in seventh.
- Junior Alexandra Curtin notched a 5.75m in the long jump event, placed fourth and qualified for ECACs. Curtin also recorded a seaon's best time in the 200m dash (25.71) and finished in sixth.
- Senior Alanna Hitscherich recorded a season's best in the long jump (5.59m) and finished seventh.
- Freshman Christa Jay Moore took first place in the pole vault (3.70m) and also qualified for ECACs.
- Junior Lauren Rasmus recorded a personal record in the 400m hurdles with a time of 1:06.15 and finished fifth.
- In the 400m hurdles, freshman Emma Hayes tallied a personal best with a time of 1:07.44 finishing sixth.
- Senior Stefanie McArdle placed eighth in the 200m dash and recorded a personal best time of 25.81.
- Freshman Abbie Mokwuah had a season's best throw of 13.79 in the shot put and placed fourth.
- In the high jump, freshma Grace Goodwin had a season's best 1.60m jump and finished seventh.
Holy Cross will host a home meet on April 21 with events starting at 11:00 a.m.