Pichay Leads Men's Track & Field at Ocean State Invitational
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Holy Cross men's track and field team competed at the Ocean State Invitational on April 13-14. Freshman Michael Pichay led the Crusaders with a first place finish in the long jump (6.81m). He also tallied a second place finish in the triple jump (14.48m), which broke the school record that had stood since 1964 and qualified him for IC4As. The freshman is now ranked third in the triple jump in the Patriot League.
- Junior Brandon Thornhill took second place in the 110m hurdles with a time of 15.20.
- Senior Myles O'Brien finished second in the hammer throw (46.51m).
- Senior Phil Zobrest placed second in the discus throw (45.80m).
- Freshman Brendan Cogdell finished eighth in the 200m dash (23.13).
- Sophomore Jacob Newton took seventh place in the 400m dash (51.29).
- Senior Bryan Gallagher placed seventh in the 3000m run with a time of 8:56.97.
- Junior Alexander Escada took third in the 110m hurdles with a time of 16.06. He also placed sixth in the long jump (6.23m).
- Freshman Gabe Piepergerdes notched a third place finish in the 400m hurdles with a time of 56.21.
- Junior William Hoffman placed sixth in the 3000m steeplechase (10:06.55).
- Senior Andre Harton took fourth in the high jump (1.85m).
- Junior Christopher Puntasecca finished sixth in the pole vault (4.26m).
- In the javelin, junior Myles Connor tallied a sixth place finish with a 47.86m throw.
The Crusaders will host the Holy Cross decathlon starting April 18-19 and the Holy Cross Invitational on April 21.