Women's Track & Field Breaks Three Records at Skyhawk Invitational
EASTON, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's track & field team finished third out of seven teams at the Skyhawk Invitational. Three athletes broke school records: freshman Abbie Mokwuah broke the shot put record (14.61m) finishing first, senior Claire Turner broke the 400m record (56.78) finishing second and sophomore Allie Smiley broke the long jump record (5.84m) taking second place.
The Crusaders finished in third overall with 165 points. Boston College took first with 198 points and Rhode Island finished second overall with 192 points.
- Junior Sarah Friess finished first in the 100m dash with a time of 12.48.
- In the 200m dash, senior Stefanie McArdle took second place with a time of 25.58, which was a personal record.
- Senior Kate Spitler placed sixth in the 1500m run with a time of 4:48.56.
- Sophomore Morgan Sanders finished fourth in the 100m hurdles with a time of 14.78. Senior Tori Zamarra was not far behind with a sixth place finish in 14.95. Sophomore Taylor Gensler took seventh place in the same event (15.15).
- Freshman Emma Hayes notched a personal best in teh 400m hurdles with a third place finish (1:05.86). Freshman Reimke Bouvier took seventh in the same event with a time of 1:07.98, which was a personal record.
- Freshman Sophia Haywood notched a personal record in the 3000m steeplechase with a time of 11:52.37.
- In the 4x100m relay, the team of Friess, McArdle, Smiley and junior Alexandra Curtin placed first with a time of 47.22.
- The team of freshmen Emily Wogelius, Elizabeth Larkin, Marina MacKinnon and junior Christina Nee finished fourth in the 4x400m relay (4:11.68).
- The team of four freshmen, Madalyne Buco, Gabrielle Gioia, Sydney Coddington and Alyson Walsh, placed first in the 4x800 relay (9:48.66).
- Freshman Sydney McDonald placed fourth in the high jump (1.50m) with freshman Grace Goodwin tying McDonald's score (1.50m).
- In the pole vault, freshman Christa Jay Moore finished second with a 3.55m jump.
- Curtin took third in the long jump with a 5.70m leap. Gensler notched a 5.74m jump and finished fifth in the same event. Sanders finished sixth with a 5.23m jump.
- Sophomore Jillian Purtell took fourth in the triple jump (10.40m).
- Junior Victoria Attaya hit a season's best discus mark with a 39.61m throw and finished second. Sophomore Emily Grinnell placed fifth with a 32.87m throw.
- Attaya placed fifth in the hammer throw (41.24m) and Mokwuah took sixth in the same event (37.65m).
- Grinnell also took third in the javelin throw (32.01m).
The Crusaders will compete in the Patriot League Outdoor Championships starting on May 4 in Easton, Pa.