Softball Drops Senior Day Finale to Colgate, 5-1
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross softball team dropped their final Patriot League home game, 5-1, to the Colgate Raiders. Before the first pitch, seniors Mandy McCarthy, Taylor Moss, Gabby Muniz, Katy Watson and Savannah Young were honored for their dedication to the softball program over the last four years. Junior Jackie Brewster went 2-3 in the loss.
- Young started the Crusaders off in the sixth inning with a single up the middle.
- Moss added a single to left field and junior Taylor Wahler came in to pinch run.
- After a hit from freshman Bella Jankowski, who would eventually reach first on a fielder's choice, Young was tagged out sliding into third base. Wahler advanced to second.
- Sophomore Sydney Burr notched a line-drive single up the middle and recorded an RBI to send Wahler home.
- Senior Katy Watson pitche 6.1 innings and recorded four strikeouts.
- Jankowski went 1-2 with two putouts in right field.
- Moss went 1-3 and tallied six putouts at first base.
The Crusaders will play their last home game against non-conference opponent, Bryant, on Thursday, May 3 at 4:35 p.m. Holy Cross will then travel to Bethlehem, Pa. for the final Patriot League series against Lehigh.