Matherne Leads Track & Field at ECACs
The women's track and field team competed at the ECACs in Princeton, N.J., and the New England Championships in Hanover, N.H. Senior Zoe Matherne led the team at ECACs with a record-breaking performance in the 800m (2:06.91) finishing second. Matherne is now ranked 35th in the NCAA Division I East with her performance at ECACs and will compete at the NCAA East Preliminaries May 24-26 in Tampa, Fla. The top 48 athletes for every event qualify to go to the NCAA East Preliminary.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM ECACS:
- The 4x100m relay team consisting of sophomore Allie Smiley, juniors Sarah Friess and Alexandra Curtin and senior Stefanie McArdle had a season's best time of 46.70 and finished in eighth place.
- Smiley also took 11th place in the long jump with a 5.72m lead. Curtin was right behind her with a 13th place finish and 5.66m leap.
- Freshman Abbie Mokwuah took 23rd in the shot put with a 12.65m throw.
- In the 100m dash, Curtin placed 20th with a time of 12.47.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM NEW ENGLAND CHAMPIONSHIPS:
- Sophomore Morgan Sanders hit a personal record in the 100m hurdle preliminaries with a time of 14.56. In the finals, she took seventh place with a time of 14.64.
Senior Zoe Matherne will represent Holy Cross at the NCAA East Preliminaries on May 24-26 in Tampa, Fla. to compete in the 800m event.