Varsity Four Qualifies For Grand Final, Sunday Races Cancelled
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s rowing team competed the 116th Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA) National Championship over the weekend, qualifying for the Grand Final before the remaining races on Sunday were cancelled due to unsafe conditions. The championship took place on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J.
- The varsity four squad consisted of Ben MacDougald, Paul Stanovich, John Romano, Nate Gould and Brendan McCabe.
- Holy Cross finished third in the fourth heat of varsity four action on Friday with a time of 6:37.644, before winning the repechage three race with a time of 6:36.203.
- On Saturday, the Crusaders placed third in the first semifinal race, posting a final time of 6:39.148.
- Holy Cross qualified for the Grand Final race on Sunday morning, but the remaining races following a select number of varsity eight events were cancelled due to unsafe conditions.
- This was the second appearance for MacDougald and Nate Gould in the national championship, and the first for Stanovich, Romano, and McCabe.