Men's Rowing Competes At The Head Of The Charles Regatta
Regatta: Head of the Charles Regatta
Dates: Oct. 22-23, 2016
Location: Boston, Mass. (Charles River)
The Lead: The Holy Cross men's rowing team competed in the 52nd Head of the Charles Regatta. The Head of the Charles is the world’s largest two-day rowing event.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The collegiate eight was 22nd out of 37 boats with a time of 17:06.479. Laga placed first with a time of 15:55.389.
- On Saturday, the club eight placed 13th out of 36 boats with a time of 16:08.547. Harvard won with a time of 14:58.331.
- Holy Cross Collegiate Eight: Ben MacDougald (coxswain), Vince LaMonte, Keenan Moore, Sean Horan, John Kane Luca Szczepanik, Nate Gould, Mathew Zakrzewski, Barrett Shea.
- Holy Cross Club Eight: Ally Sullivan (coxswain) William McCue, Nathaniel Lombardi, John Romano, Christian Kerrigan, Chris Mudrick, Paul Stanovich, Connor Mudrick, Aiden Maynard.
- The Crusaders return to action at the Princeton Chase Regatta on Sunday, Oct. 30 on Lake Carnegie in Princeton, N.J.
- Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossMRowing.