Women's Rowing To Compete At Head Of The Schuylkill
The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will travel to Philadelphia, Pa., to wrap up the fall season. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders prepare for the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- On Saturday, Oct. 29, the women’s rowing team will compete in the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta. Go here for more information on the regatta.
- The Crusaders will have two boats compete in the championship pair at 8:00 a.m., followed by one Holy Cross boat competing in the freshman/novice four at 8:35 a.m. At 10:10 a.m., two Holy Cross boats will race in the championship four. Then at 1:45 p.m., two Crusader boats will compete in the club championship eights. Next, at 2:40 p.m., two Holy Cross boats will participate in the championship doubles. To complete the day, Holy Cross will race in the championship eights at 3:40 p.m. To view the full schedule, go here.
- Last year, the freshman four placed fourth out of 24 boats. Holy Cross “A” finished 13th in the Championship Club Eight out of 47 boats. In the Championship Four, the Crusaders placed 20th out of 51 boats. To read the recap, go here.
COACH DIGGINS ON THE TEAM:
- “The team really looks forward to our trip to the Head of the Schuylkill,” said Holy Cross head coach Patrick Diggins. “Philadelphia, with Boathouse Row and its great rowing history, is an exciting place to race. We'll race as many athletes as we can twice in different types of boats to get them additional race experience as we prepare for the spring season. There is great competition including some of our Patriot League rivals. So, we'd like to continue to build off of our strong showings at the Head of the Charles.”
- The women’s rowing team will be announcing their spring schedule on a later date.