Crusaders To Play At Bucknell
|Game 6: Holy Cross (1-4, 1-1 Patriot League) at Bucknell (2-3, 0-2 Patriot League)|
|DATE:||Sat., March 11 at 1:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Lewisburg, Pa.|
|SERIES RECORD:||Bucknell leads, 27-0||LAST MEETING:||13-7, #20 Bucknell (April 26, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||NeuLion Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network | Twitter|
The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team (1-4, 1-1 Patriot League) is set to travel to Lewisburg, Pa., to take on Bucknell (2-3, 0-2 Patriot League) on Saturday. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders enter the fifth week of the season.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Holy Cross will play at Bucknell on Saturday, March 11 at 1:00 p.m. The game can be seen on the Patriot League Network as well as on Twitter.
- The Bison are 0-2 in Patriot League play with a 15-10 loss to Colgate and a 13-7 defeat at Navy. Bucknell has defeated Delaware (14-13) and Bryant (9-8), while it fell to Fairfield (13-12).
- The Crusaders are 1-1 in the league with their first ever win versus Lehigh on Feb. 25 and a loss at No. 12 Loyola Maryland on March 4.
- Last year, Bucknell defeated Holy Cross by a 18-12 score in Worcester on March 12, while the Bison defeated the Crusaders, 13-7, on April 26 in Lewisburg in the Patriot League quarterfinals. It was the Crusaders’ first Patriot League Tournament game in program history. The Crusaders are 0-27 all-time against the Bison.
- After the Bucknell game, the Crusaders will host No. 11 Army West Point on Saturday, March 18 at 2:05 p.m.
CRUSADERS SIXTH IN THE NATION IN CAUSED TURNOVERS
- The Crusaders currently rank sixth nationwide and lead the Patriot League in caused turnovers with 9.8 per game.
- Junior Henry Lilly is fourth in the Patriot League and 17th nationally with 1.80 caused turnovers per game. Lilly leads the team with nine caused turnovers.
- Sophomore Matt Farrell is tied for seventh in the Patriot League and 28th in the country with 1.60 caused turnovers per game. He is also 10th in the Patriot League with 4.40 ground balls per game.
LUX LEADING THE TEAM IN SCORING
- Senior Kevin Lux leads the team with nine goals and 14 points. Lux tallied five points with a career-best four assists versus Loyola.
- For his career, Lux has 58 goals, 29 assists and 87 points.
BUERMANN CONTINUES 12-GAME SCORING STREAK
- Senior Marc Buermann is on an 12-game goal scoring streak, which is the eighth longest in the nation.
- Buermann’s streak began on March 26, 2016, against Jacksonville. He has posted at least one goal in the last 12 games, for a total of 16 goals. For his career, Buermann has 56 goals and 22 assists for 78 points.