Connolly And Loprete Lead Field Hockey Past Brown
|Shots on Goal||7||9|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross field hockey team defeated Brown on the road Sunday, as senior Maureen Connolly notched six points on two goals and two assists in the 4-1 victory. The Crusaders got off to an early start offensively, as Connolly scored in the 12th minute off a pass from junior Emily Loprete. Connolly notched her second of the game in the 20th minute with an unassisted tally to make it a 2-0 game. Holy Cross carried a 2-0 lead into halftime.
Loprete found the back of the net in the 42nd minute to make it 3-0 with a diving shot in front of the net. The Bears answered in the 55th minute with a tally from Rachel Lanouette, who scored off a penalty corner to cut the deficit to two. In the 63rd minute, Loprete scored her second of the game off a pass from Connolly to make it 4-1 in favor of Holy Cross.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Bears outshot Holy Cross 17-14.
- Sophomore Marcia LaPlante stopped seven shots on goal for the Crusaders.
- Katie Hammaker made three saves in net for Brown.
- Connolly led Holy Cross with seven shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Connolly’s six points mark a new career-high.
- Loprete also registered a new career-high with five points (2g, 1a).
- The Crusaders return to action on Saturday, Oct. 21, as they travel to Bucknell for an 11:05 a.m. game.