Women's Basketball Heads To Marist Tuesday Night
HOLY CROSS HEADS TO MARIST TUESDAY NIGHT
• The Holy Cross women’s basketball team continues its early slate of road games on Tuesday night as they travel to Marist to face the Red Foxes.
• Tuesday’s game will be streamed live via ESPN3 (espn.com/watch) online, and will also be broadcast on Emmanuel Radio (1230 AM | 1230radio.com) with Bob Fouracre on play-by-play.
SCOUTING HOLY CROSS
• Holy Cross opened its 2017-2018 campaign with an 84-56 victory over UMass Lowell on Sunday.
• The Crusaders finished their 2016-2017 campaign with an overall record of 8-22, and a 6-12 mark in the Patriot League.
• Holy Cross was eliminated by Lafayette in the first round of the Patriot League Tournament at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex in Worcester.
• The Crusaders had two student-athletes (Infiniti Thomas-Waheed and Lauren Manis) complete the year averaging double-digit points per game.
• Lauren Manis was named the 2016-2017 Patriot League Rookie of the Year, while Katie Doherty earned Academic All-Patriot League honors.
SERIES QUICK HITS
• The Crusaders are 7-0 all-time against the Red Foxes.
• Holy Cross last met the Red Foxes during the 2017-2018 season, when the Crusaders won 50-46 in Worcester.
• In the last meeting between these two teams, Lauren Manis led the Crusaders with 12 points and recorded a double-double with 10 rebounds. Infiniti Thomas-Waheed led Holy Cross with 14 rebounds.
• In games played in Poughkeepsie, Holy Cross leads the all-time series 2-0.
LAST TIME OUT
• The Holy Cross women’s basketball team downed UMass Lowell for their first win of the season by a 84-56 margin in their first regular season game of the 2017-18 season.
• Lauren Manis led the Crusaders with 21 points, had three assists and four rebounds.
• Infiniti Thomas-Waheed added a 19 point effort with four rebounds and one steal.
• Holy Cross hit 52.4 percent of its field goal attempts, including a 62.5 field goal percentage in the second and third quarters.
• The Crusaders made 11 of 27 three-pointers for a 40.7 percentage on the game.
• Holy Cross forced Lowell to commit 22 turnovers and held its largest lead of the game of 38 points in the fourth quarter.
• Tricia Byrne added a 13 point outing, with four rebounds and two assists.
• Kathryn Pedi shot 3-5 from beyond the arc and led the team with two steals.
SCOUTING REPORT ON MARIST
• Marist opened its 2017-2018 season with a 77-70 loss to Navy on Friday night in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
• The Red Foxes went 15-17 overall last season with an 11-9 record in MAAC play. They were eliminated in their second game of the MAAC Tournament against Fairfield, 61-44.
• Rebekah Hand led the Red Foxes with 16 points and registered seven rebounds.
• Maura Fitzpatrick led Marist with 10 rebounds, and added five points in the loss.
• Head coach Brian Giorgis is entering his 16th season with the Red Foxes in 2017-2018.
• Following the game at Marist, the Crusaders will return to action on the road Saturday, Nov. 18, when they travel to Rider for a 2:00 p.m. game.
Season and single-game tickets to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.