Track and Field to Compete at URI Pentathlon and Husky Invitational
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's track and field team will compete in the URI Pentathlon Dec. 8 and the Husky Invitational Dec. 9. The men's track and field team will only compete in the Husky Invitational on Saturday.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
- Freshmen Caroline Hitchcock and Sydney McDonald and sophomore Morgan Sanders will be competiting in the URI Pentathlon Friday.
- Hitchcock qualified for the ECAC Championships after a second place finish in the high jump (1.70m) at the BU Season Opener.
- Sanders qualified for the New England Championships with her 9.18 finals time in the 60m hurdles.
- At the Elm City Challenge hosted by Southern Conn., senior Josh Nickerson broke a Holy Cross record in the heptathlon with a score of 4609 in the final day of competition and finished second overall.
- A limited squad will be traveling to the Husky Invitational in Boston, Mass. due to finals.