Men's Hockey To Travel To No. 19 Union
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Crusaders will play their final non-conference game at No. 19 Union College on Dec. 9 at 7:00 p.m.
• Scott Pooley recorded an assist to his point total and ranks fifth in the nation in goal scoring (13-4-17).
• Pooley, T.J. Moore and Mitch Collett are the only Crusaders to have tallied at least one point in each weekend of play in the 2017-18 season.
• Danny Lopez has recorded six points, including five goals, in the last seven games.
• Brett Mulcahy scored his third game-winning goal and fourth of the season on Dec. 1 to lead the Crusaders past the Tigers.
• With three shutouts, Paul Berrafato has recorded the fourth most in the nation.
• Johnny Coughlin leads the team in blocked shots, with 33.
• With 51 goals in 17 games, the Crusaders have recorded the most goals in Atlantic Hockey. Their 3.00 goals per game ranks fifth in the league.
• The senior class has accounted for 60% of the Crusaders offense this season, scoring 31 of the team’s 51 goals.
• The Crusaders own the lowest goals against average in Atlantic Hockey (2.65).
• Paul Berrafato owns a .924 save percentage, which ranks first in the league.
• Berrafato’s performance through November earned him Atlantic Hockey Goalie of the Month accolades (Dec. 6).
• Holy Cross will face Union for just the 15th time and only the second time since the 2004-05 season.
Berrafato in Goal
• Paul Berrafato’s .924 save percentage leads Atlantic Hockey while his 2.41 goals against average ranks second.
• His 512 saves marks the most made by any goalie in the league.
• Berrafato has posted shutouts over Bentley, Air Force, and Army.
• With three shutouts, Berrafato owns the fourth most shutouts in the nation this season.
• With nine career shutouts, Paul Berrafato captured the all-time shutouts record at Holy Cross. Matt Ginn (2011-15) previously held the record with eight shutouts.
• In his career, Berrafato has played 95 games and 83 consecutive starts. Of the active goaltenders in the NCAA, Berrafato ranks second with the most consecutive starts.
• The senior netminder also ranks in the top four goaltenders for the biggest save percentage improvement since the 2016-17 season (+.30) as of Nov. 30.
• Nationally, Scott Pooley ranks fifth in goals/per game (0.76). Pooley’s 13 goals is the most goals scored in the nation.
• On the power play, Pooley has recorded five goals, which ranks him tied for fourth nationally.
• In Atlantic Hockey, the senior forward leads the league in scoring and ranks second power play goals.
• Pooley is tied for third overall in Atlantic Hockey points, averaging 1.00 points per game.
• On Nov. 11, Pooley recorded his third multi-goal game and fourth multi-point game of the season.
• The senior forward leads the Crusaders in points (13-4-17).
• Senior captain Brett Mulcahy posted consecutive assists in the Arizona State series (Nov. 24-25) followed by a game-winning goal effort on Dec. 1 at RIT.
• His three game-winning tallies of the season ranks tied for first in the league.
• In his 12 games played this season, Mulcahy has tallied four goals and two assists for six points.
• The senior forward has recorded six points in his last seven games (5-1-6). He has scored three goals in the Crusaders’ last three games, including a power play tally.
• Lopez has recorded two points on the power play with one goal and one assist.
A Freshman Impact
• Of the five freshman, four have registered one goal and each have recorded at least one point.
• Logan Ferguson has been steadily contributing to the Crusaders’ offense with seven points in 14 games played.
Scouting The Dutchmen
• The Dutchmen host the Crusaders with a 9-7-1 overall record and a 6-2-0 mark in ECAC play.
• Union averages 3.18 goals per game and 2.59 goals allowed per game.
• With a conversion rate of 16.9%, the Dutchmen have scored 13 powerplay goals and four have come from Sebastian Vidmar.
• On the kill, Union has skated to a 78.1% success rate, allowing 14 goals on 64 chances.
• In their last two weekends of play, Union has played to a 2-1-1 record, most recently falling to Yale, 5-3.
Dutchmen to Watch
• Brett Supinski leads the Dutchmen with 21 points from six goals and a team-best 15 assists. Two Dutchmen have recorded 15 points: Anthony Rinaldi (10-5-15) and Ryan Scarfo (8-7-15).
• Jake Kupsky and Darion Hanson have seen time for Union. Kupsky has played 10 games for a .911 save percentage, 2.70 goals against average, and 3-6-1 record. Darion Hanson has played seven games for a .928 save percentage, 1.72 goals against average, and a 6-1-0 record.
• Kupsky has played for Union in its last three games.
• The Crusaders have played 17 games and seven have stretched into overtime. Holy Cross has skated to a 1-0-6 record when playing more than 60 minutes.
Holy Cross and Atlantic Hockey
• The Crusaders average 3.00 goals per game ranks the fifth highest in the league and their 2.65 goals against ranks second.
• Holy Cross leads the league in the faceoff circle, winning 53% (519-517).
• At 82.8%, Holy Cross’ penalty kill ranks fourth in the league.
• Johnny Coughlin ranks third among the league in blocked shots (33) and is tied for eighth in defensemen scoring.
The Last Games Out: AT RIT
• Holy Cross traveled to RIT for a two-game series and split with the Tigers. The Crusaders defeated the Tigers, 4-2 (Dec. 1) and lost, 5-3 (Dec. 2).
• Paul Berrafato made 64 saves between the two games. Johnny Coughlin led the team with three points (1-2-3), Danny Lopez added two goals, and Mitch Collett recorded a goal and an assist. Brett Mulcahy, Ryan Ferrill, and Tommy Muratore each added a goal.
The Fastest Goal
• Holy Cross’ Mitch Collett scored nine seconds into the game on Nov. 25, recording the fastest goal in program history as a Division 1 team.
• Holy Cross will return with a home-and-home series with Sacred Heart. The Crusaders will face the Pioneers on Dec. 29 at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Conn. at 7:00 p.m. The teams will face at the Hart Center at 7:05 p.m. on Dec. 30.