Crusaders Play Host To Lehigh Friday Night
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross women’s basketball team is set to continue Patriot League action Friday, as the Crusaders play host to Lehigh at 6:05 p.m. Friday’s game will be broadcast online via the Patriot League Network.
SCOUTING HOLY CROSS
• Holy Cross most recently fell to Lafayette, 69-65 on Tuesday night in Worcester.
• Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed notched her 1,000th career point in the win over Vermont with a jump shot in the third quarter. She became the 33rd player in program history to reach the milestone. She ranks second in the Patriot League in scoring with 18.1 points per game.
• Sophomore Lauren Manis leads the Patriot League with 18.3 points per game and ranks fifth in rebounds per game with 8.6. She set a new career-high with 28 points in the loss at Hofstra, and recorded the 13th double-double of her career against Dartmouth.
• In the win at Colgate, senior Tricia Byrne set a new career-high with 19 points.
SERIES QUICK HITS
• The Crusaders are 42-23 all-time against Lehigh.
• In the last meeting between the two programs, the Mountain Hawks defeated Holy Cross 80-64 on Feb. 11, 2017
• The first meeting between these two teams took place on Feb. 2, 1991, with the Crusaders winning 75-55 in Worcester.
• In games played in Worcester, Holy Cross leads the all-time series 22-10.
LAST TIME OUT
• Sophomore Lauren Manis notched 26 points, but the Holy Cross women’s basketball team suffered a 69-65 setback to Lafayette in Patriot League play Tuesday night.
• Manis also added six rebounds with three steals and two blocks, while shooting 4-for-7 from three-point range.
• Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed added 14 points with seven rebounds for Holy Cross (6-7, 1-1).
• Senior Katie Doherty added nine points, hitting three of five shots from behind the arc.
• Lafayette (5-7, 1-1) was led by Olivia Martino, who notched 17 points while shooting 4-for-9.
• Natalie Kucowski earned a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
• The Crusaders shot 31.0% (22-71) from the field, while the Leopards hit 42.6% (23-54) of their shots.
• Lafayette held a narrow edge in rebounding, 46-41.
• The lead changed a total of five times, while the score was tied on six different occasions.
SCOUTING REPORT ON LEHIGH
• Lehigh enters Friday night’s game at 8-5 with a 2-0 mark in Patriot League play. They have earned conference victories over Lafayette (70-45) and Navy (66-63).
• Last season, Lehigh went 10-20 overall and 5-13 in the Patriot League. They were eliminated in the first round of the Patriot League Tournament by Loyola (Md.), 78-50.
• Quinci Mann leads the Mountain Hawks offense, averaging 13.3 points per game.
• Camryn Buhr has been the leading rebounder for Lehigh, averaging 6.7 boards per game.
• Head coach Sue Troyan is in her 23rd season with the Mountain Hawks.
• The Crusaders will return to action following the Lehigh game on Monday, Jan. 5 when they travel to Loyola (Md.) for a 7:00 p.m. game.
Season and single-game tickets to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.