Women's Track & Field Finishes Fifth at New England Championships
BOSTON, Mass. - After the second day at the New England Championships, the Holy Cross women's track & field team finished fifth of 30 teams competiting.
HOLY CROSS HIGHLIGHTS:
- In the 60m dash, junior Alexandra Curtin finished fifth with a time of 7.77, which is a season best.
- Seniors Meghan Dietter and Clare Turner placed sixth and seventh, respectively, in the 800m finals. Dietter finished in 2:16.47 and Turner finished in 2:19.11.
- Senior Zoe Matherne finished second in the 1 mile run with a finals time of 4:53.03, which is a personal best and beat her previous ECAC qualifying team.
- Freshman Jenna Gasparrini finished second in the 3000m run with a time of 9:58.18.
- The Holy Cross 4x400 relay team of senoirs Kelly O'Halloran, Stefanie McArdle, freshman Hailey Mulville and sophomore Caroline Frey had a season's best time of 3:55.77 and finished in seventh.
- The 4x800 relay team of senior Kate Spitler, sophomore Allison McArdle, Turner and Matherne had a season's best of 9:20.34 (ECAC qualifying mark) and finished in seventh.
The Crusaders will compete at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational on Feb. 9 in Boston, Mass.