Women's Hockey Shuts Out Saint Anselm, 2-0
MANCHESTER, N.H. - The Holy Cross women's hockey team bounced back after losing to Saint Anselm, 3-2, on Friday, Feb. 16, to defeat the Hawks, 2-0. This is the third time this season that the Crusaders have shut out the Hawks. Senior Kara Violette lead the way with two points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Crusaders scored their 23rd power play goal of the season.
- Violette recorded her sixth individual power play goal of the season and leads the Crusaders with 15 goals. She also recorded an assist and has 22 helpers on the season.
- Matthias and Girard both recorded an assist and each have 14 on the season.
- Kewer added a helper and now has seven for the season.
- Sophomore Marcia LaPlante recorded a season-high 29 saves and improves to 6-0-0 on the season. She also earned her third shutout of the season.
- This is the third time the Crusaders have shut out the Hawks this season.
- Holy Cross is 2-1-1 against Saint Anselm in 2017-2018.
- The Crusaders will have a first-round bye in the Open Tournament earning the second seed and will start play on Saturday, Feb. 24 at Saint Anselm. The Hawks will host the semifinals and final round of the tournament. The championship game is set for Sunday, Feb. 25.