Softball Drops Two Against App State and Nicholls State
Holy Cross Athletics 02-17-2018
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - The Holy Cross softball team dropped one game to Appalachian State, 5-4.
HIGHLIGHTS AGAINST APP. STATE:
- Holy Cross scored all four runs in the first inning.
- Junior Jackie Brewster was walked and made it to second base after junior Taylor Wahler singled to center field.
- Brewster and Wahler both advanced to third and second after senior Mandy McCarthy singled to the App State catcher.
- Sophomore Sydney Burr notched two RBIs after a single to center field allowing Brewster and Wahler to score.
- Sophomore Sydney Behrens also had two RBIs with a single to center field. McCarthy and Burr gave the Crusaders the 4-1 lead.
- The Crusaders had nine hits, with four runs and one error in the loss.
- Junior Olivia Sloane pitched 3.2 innings with senior Katy Watson coming in for the close.
HIGHLIGHTS AGAINST NICHOLLS STATE
- First Inning:
- In the first inning, junior Taylor Wahler started the Crusaders off after a double to center field.
- Senior Savannah Young grounded to second base, and Wahler advanced to third.
- Senior Mandy McCarthy advanced to first after an error by the Nicholls State third baseman, and Wahler scored.
- Seventh inning:
- Junior Jackie Brewster had one RBI to send sophomore Sydney Behrens home.
- The scored was tied, 2-2, after the end of the seventh.
- Eighth inning:
- Holy Cross batted first and scored one run to take the lead, but Nicholls State scored two runs to take the win.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Softball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Head Coach Bob Chesney - Mic'd Up
Holy Cross Commencement 2018
2017-18 Year in Review