Baseball To Play Georgia Southern On March 7
Holy Cross Athletics 03-06-2018
|Holy Cross (2-7) vs. Georgia Southern (6-6)|
|Statesboro, Ga. // J.I. Clements Stadium|
|Wednesday, March 7||6:00 p.m.||True Blue TV||StatBroadcast|
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
- Due to inclement weather in the area, the Holy Cross baseball team’s game at Georgia Southern has been pushed back to Wednesday, March 7 at 6:00 p.m.
- Last season, Holy Cross won its first-ever Patriot League title and advanced to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1978. The Crusaders competed in the Corvallis, Ore. regional at Oregon State, and earned a 7-4 victory over #25 Nebraska in their second game.
- The Crusaders most recently went 1-2 in a three-game series with Mercer, capping off the series with a 7-3 victory over the Bears on Monday night.
- Through six games, senior Thomas Russo leads the Holy Cross offense, batting .344 with seven runs scored. Senior Cam O'Neill leads the team with nine RBIs and three home runs. Junior Danny Barlok leads the Holy Cross pitching staff with a 1.74 ERA through 10.1 innings in five relief appearances while adding 14 strikeouts.
- Georgia Southern currently stands 6-6 on the season, having most recently posted a 1-2 weekend against Elon. Mitchell Golden leads the team’s offense, batting .340 with nine runs scored and four RBIs. David Johnson leads the starting rotation with a 2.20 ERA through 16.1 innings with nine strikeouts.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Baseball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2018 Football Golf Outing
Head Coach Bob Chesney - Mic'd Up
Holy Cross Commencement 2018