Softball Defeats Manhattan in Final Game of Stetson Invitational
DELAND, Fla. - The Holy Cross softball team defeated Manhattan, 4-1. on March 11 in the final game of the Stetson Invitational. Senior Gabby Muniz led the team with one run, one hit and two RBIs. Senior Katy Watson had five strikeouts and recorded the win. She is 2-4 on the season.
- Senior Taylor Moss advanced to third base after sophomore Sydney Burr bunted and reached first.
- Senior Savannah Young grounded out to third, and Burr reached second.
- Muniz singled to right field and recorded two RBIs sending Moss and Burr home.
- With Muniz on second, junior Jackie Brewster reached first on an error by the Manhattan short stop.
- Freshman Bella Jankowski walked and Muniz advanced to third and Brewster went to second.
- Muniz scored the third run of the inning off an error by the pitcher.
- Young notched an RBI in the third to send junior Taylor Wahler home.
The Crusaders will compete in the Fordham Tournament starting on March 17 against UMass Lowell.