Women's Tennis Falls To Lafayette and Loyola (Md.) At West Point, N.Y.
Holy Cross Athletics 03-26-2018
- Final Score: Lafayette 4, Holy Cross 0 | Loyola (Md.) 4, Holy Cross 0
- Location: West Point, N.Y.
- The Lead: The Holy Cross women’s tennis team took 4-0 losses to each Lafayette and Loyola (Md.) over the weekend in West Point, N.Y.
MATCH ONE (LAFAYETTE)
- Freshman Katya Martin took a loss in the No. 2 singles match, 6-4 amd 6-0.
- At No. 3 singles, senior Katie Elia was edged 6-0, 7-5.
- Junior Caroline Kam was defeated at No. 6 singles with scores of 6-3 and 6-0.
- Juniors Allison Reiling, Morgan McGuire and Jennifer Kary each had their singles matches cut short once the decision went final. McGuire had forced a third set in her match, while Kary had just won her second set.
- The Leopards took the point in double play, winning all three matches.
MATCH TWO (LOYOLA)
- At No. 1 singles, Reiling was defeated with scores of 6-0 and 6-2.
- Martin took the loss at No. 2 singles, 6-0 and 6-0.
- In the No. 4 singles match, McGuire fell by scores of 6-2 and 6-1.
- Elia, Kary and Kam each had their matches go unfinished.
- The Greyhounds took the point in doubles play, winning all three matches.
- Holy Cross returns to action on Friday, April 6, as the Crusaders host Franklin Pierce at 3:30 p.m.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Tennis
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Soccer vs. Navy Highlights (9/23/2018)
Football vs. Dartmouth Video Recap (9/22/2018)
Volleyball vs. Colgate Highlights (9/21/2018)