Baseball Prepares For Midweek Matchup With Rhode Island
Holy Cross Athletics 04-10-2018
|Holy Cross (11-13, 6-4 Patriot League) vs. Rhode Island (7-23, 1-8 Atlantic 10)|
|Worcester, Mass. // Hanover Insurance Park at Fitton Field|
|Wednesday, April 11||5:05 p.m.||Patriot League Network||Neulion Live Stats|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross baseball team returns to action on Wednesday night for a non-conference matchup with Rhode Island.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
- Holy Cross carries an 11-13 overall record into the series, and currently stands 6-4 in Patriot League play. The Rams are 7-23 on the year, and have posted a 1-8 mark in Atlantic 10 games.
- The Crusaders most recently went 1-2 in their weekend series with Navy, falling in the first two games before winning game three in extra innings, 3-2.
- Sophomore Austin Masel currently leads the Crusaders’ offense and ranks second in the Patriot League with a .353 batting average. He has posted 19 runs scored with 14 RBIs and a team-leading four home runs. Sophomore Chris Rinaldi has also been strong at the plate with a .311 average and 15 runs scored. He leads Holy Cross with nine extra-base hits and has added seven RBIs.
- Junior Danny Barlok leads the Patriot League with a 0.68 ERA through 26.1 innings pitched. He has posted a record of 4-0 in 12 relief appearances while throwing 38 strikeouts. Classmate Pat McGowan has seen the most starting time on the mound, pitching 40.1 innings in seven starts with one complete game. He holds an ERA of 2.23 and has earned 32 strikeouts.
- Jackson Coutts leads the offense for URI, posting a .303 batting average with seven runs scored and seven RBIs. Matt Murphy leads the starting rotation for the Rams with a 2.34 ERA in 42.1 innings. In seven starts he has posted a record of 2-3 and tossed 35 strikeouts.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Baseball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Basketball Season Tickets On Sale!
2018 Football Golf Outing
Head Coach Bob Chesney - Mic'd Up