Baseball Set To Host Bucknell For Three-Game Series This Weekend
Holy Cross Athletics 04-13-2018
|Holy Cross (12-13, 6-4 Patriot League) vs. Bucknell (10-21, 7-7 Patriot League)|
|Worcester, Mass. // Hanover Insurance Park at Fitton Field|
|Saturday, April 14||2:05 p.m.||Patriot League Network||Neulion Live Stats|
|Saturday, April 14||5:05 p.m.||Patriot League Network||Neulion Live Stats|
|Sunday, April 15||1:05 p.m.||N/A||Neulion Live Stats|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross baseball team returns to action this weekend with three games against Patriot League foe Bucknell.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
- Holy Cross currently stands third in the Patriot League at 6-4 with an overall record of 12-13 on the year. The Bison are in fourth place at 7-7, and have posted a 10-21 overall mark to date.
- The Crusaders most recently earned a 9-4 victory in non-conference play against Rhode Island on Wednesday night at Hanover Insurance Park at Fitton Field.
- Sophomore Austin Masel currently leads the Crusaders’ offense and ranks second in the Patriot League with a .348 batting average. He has posted 20 runs scored with 16 RBIs and a team-leading four home runs. Sophomore Chris Rinaldi has also been strong at the plate with a .316 average and 16 runs scored. He leads Holy Cross with nine extra-base hits and has added seven RBIs.
- Junior Danny Barlok currently holds the best ERA in the nation at 0.68 through 26.1 innings pitched. He has posted a record of 4-0 in 12 relief appearances while throwing 38 strikeouts. Classmate Pat McGowan has seen the most starting time on the mound, pitching 40.1 innings in seven starts with one complete game. He holds an ERA of 2.23 and has earned 32 strikeouts.
- Luke Johnson leads the offense for Bucknell with a .330 batting average to date. He ranks second on the team with 19 RBIs and eight doubles while scoring 14 runs. JohnPaul Bell currently leads the Patriot League with five home runs on the season. Connor Van Hoose has been one of the top starting pitchers for the Bison, posting a 3.50 ERA in 46.1 innings while ranking second in the Patriot League with 66 strikeouts.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Baseball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Football Official Black Uniform Reveal
Football vs. Yale Video Recap (9/15/2018)
Football 2018 Home Opener Hype Video