Men's Track & Field Competes In Holy Cross Classic
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's track and field team hosted Worcester State, URI and UNH in the Holy Cross Classic on Tuesday, April 24. Freshman Michael Pichay led the team finishing first in the triple jump with a leap of 14.10m.
- In the 100m dash, senior Garrett Fortin finished fourth with a time of 11.14.
- Sophomore Jacob Newton finished fifth in the 200m dash with a time of 23.25.
- Junior Joe Prunty placed sixth in the 800m run (1:58.52).
- Senior Bryan Gallagher took fifth in the 1500m with a time of 4:06.45.
- Junior Brandon Thornhill finished fifth in the 110m hurdles (15.03).
- Freshman Gabe Piepergerdes notched a third place finish in the 400m hurdles (55.12). Senior Freddie Halloran was right behind in fourth place with a time of 56.89.
- Junior Christopher Puntasecca finished third in the pole vault with a jump of 4.25m.
- In the long jump, freshman Russell Abbott finished fourth with a leap of 6.38m.
- Senior Myles Connor took fourth in the javelin throw (47.64m).
Holy Cross will compete at the Skyhawk Invitational on Saturday, April 28 in Easton, Mass.