Women's Lacrosse Set For Patriot League Quarterfinals
Patrtiot League Quarterfinals: No. 6 Holy Cross (6-11, 4-5 Patriot League)
at No. 3 Lehigh(12-5, 7-2 Patriot League)
|DATE:||May 1 | 6:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Bethlehem, Pa.|
|LAST MEETING:||L, 15-11 | April 14, 2018|
|LIVE STATS:||Sidearm Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will play as the sixth-seeded team in the Patriot League Tournament at the third-seed Lehigh on May 1 at 6:00 p.m. in the Patriot League Quarterfinals.
• Holy Cross secured a trip to the Patriot League Tournament with a 4-5 conference record and 6-12 overall mark. The Crusaders finished in a tie for sixth place with Army, but owned the tiebreaker.
• Holy Cross ranks second in the Patriot League in ground balls per game, averaging 21.00.
• Julia Maloney has picked up 47 ground balls and ranks third in the Patriot League, averaging 2.76 ground balls per game.
Holy Cross Attacks
• Maggie Moriarty leads the Crusaders with helpers at 14. She posted a career-high four assists in Holy Cross’ 12-10 win over American.
• Five Crusaders have hit double digit scoring in the 2018 season: Keely Connors, Baker Earl, Bryn Carroll, Kerianne Moran, and Riley Bergholtz.
• Baker Earl has posted the second most goals on the team with 24.
• As an All-Patriot League first team selection, Keely Connors leads the Crusaders with 37 points on 35 goals and two assists.
• The junior attacker has recorded 79 draw controls on the season and ranks fifth in the Patriot League in draw controls per game (4.65).
• At 79, Connors holds the single season draw control record at Holy Cross that was previously set at 72 by Patricia Sutton in 2006.
• Connors has more than quadrupled her point total from the 2017 season, having posted just nine points on five goals and four assists.
• Ranked 15th in the nation in caused turnovers and first in the Patriot League, Audrey Mandaro averages 2.13 caused turnovers per game.
• With 164 caused turnovers on the season, Holy Cross averages 9.64 per game, tying for first in the league with Loyola Maryland.
• Emma Gill ranks sixth in the league in caused turnovers at 1.53. Gill has posted 25 caused turnovers and the team’s second most ground balls (39).
• In goal, Julia Maloney has recorded 145 saves for a .429 save percentage and a 13.35 goals against average. The senior netminder has started in every contest for the Crusaders.
Holy Cross in the Playoffs
• This is the first appearance in the Patriot League playoffs for the Crusaders since 2015, where the team fell in the Quarterfinals to Navy.
• Holy Cross holds a 8-7 record all-time in Patriot League Tournament games. The Crusaders have faced the Mountain Hawks once before in the Patriot League Tournament and fell.
Recapping the Last Time
• The Crusaders and Mountain Hawks faced off in Worcester on April 14 for their regular season game. At half-time, Holy Cross trailed 7-6 and ultimately fell, 15-11.
• Five different Crusaders tallied two-goal games, led by Moriarty who posted two goals and one assist.
• Kerianne Moran, Connors, Julia Gasbarre, and Anna Pusey netted two goals in the game.
• Julia Maloney made 16 saves in the game.
• The Mountain Hawks secured the third-seed in the Patriot League Tournament with a 7-2 league record and 12-5 non-conference mark.
• Lehigh is led by Sondra Dickey, who has tallied 49 goals and 22 assists on the season along with 70 draw controls.
• Courtney Henig leads the Mountain Hawks in helpers, with 24 and ranks second on the team in points.
• The Mountain Hawks average 12.47 goals per game and 10.71 goals against per game.
• Samantha Sagi has started every game in goal for Lehigh, amassing 157 saves for a .470 save percentage and 10.38 goals against average.
- General admission is $5. Students and children ticket prices are $3.
-Go Cross Go-