Women's Track & Field Takes Sixth at Patriot League Championships
EASTON, Pa. - The Holy Cross women's track and field team took sixth place at the Patriot League Championships. Senior Zoe Matherne led the team in the second day of competition with two ECAC qualifying times in the 1500m and 800m. She took third place in the 1500m (4:27.39) and third in the 800m (2:09.78).
Navy swept both the men's and women's championships with 178.5 total team points on the women's side.
- Senior Stefanie McArdle hit a personal reocrd in the 400m (56.80) finishing sixth.
- Senior Alanna Hitscherich finished seventh in the 100m hurdles with a time of 14.81.
- Junior Lauren Rasmus notched a personal best in the 400m hurdles with a time of 1:03.55 and finished seventh.
- In the 5k, sophomore Jenna Gasparrini recorded an ECAC qualifying mark with a time of 17:13.14 and finished in third. In the same event, senior Hannah Jeter hit a season's best time of 17:16.82 with a fourth place finish.
- The 4x400m relay team of freshman Hailey Mulville, senior Claire Turner, Rasmus and McArdle notched a season's best time of 3:54.46 with a seventh place finish.
- In the 4x100m relay, the team of sophomore Allie Smiley, juniors Alexandra Curtin, Sarah Friess and McArdle took fourth with a time of 47.70.
- Smiley finished eighth in the 100m dash (12.12).
- Turner also took eighth in the 800m (2:14.36).
- Freshman Sydney McDonald recorded a personal record in the high jump (1.65m) with a fifth place finish. Freshman Grace Goodwin took sixth in the same event with a 1.60m leap.
- Freshman Abbie Mokwuah finished third in the shot put with a 13.57m throw.
- Sophomore Morgan Sanders took seventh in the women's heptathlon with 4078 points.